What are QR Codes?
A QR ("quick response") Code or Tag is a square barcode that you can scan with your smartphone's camera with the help of a QR Code app to immediately launch a link or URL on the mobile phone’s web browser. Said another way, QR Codes are a simple way to connect the offline world with the online world.
Where to put QR Codes
QR Codes can be printed and/or displayed anywhere a mobile phone user might scan the code:
- Product packaging or signage in a store
- Business cards and conference badges
- Data sheets and print materials
- Events and trade show signage
- Traditional advertising (print/magazines, outdoor displays)
- Online advertising (web pages, web/mobile banner ads)
Some readers to test:
- QUICKMARK (Available for Android, iPhone, Symbian, Windows Mobile)
- SCANLIFE (Android, Blackberry, iPhone, Ovi by Nokia, Windows Mobile)
- BEETAGG QR reader (Android, Bada, Blackberry, Java/J2me, iPhone, Symbian, Windows Mobile)
- KAYWA Reader (Java, Symbian, Windows Mobile)
- STICKYBITS (Android, iPhone)
- REDLASER (iPhone)
- GOOGLE Goggles (Android, iPhone)
How to read a QR Code:
- Open your Code reader application.
- Line your camera over the code until the app recognizes the picture.
- If the reader doesn't take you directly to the site, tap the link displayed.
- You are connected!